URGENT UPDATE - March 12, 2020 IMMEDIATE ACTION ON COVID-19 (coronavirus)
COVID-19 (coronavirus) has now been declared pandemic and NCYSA is implementing actions to care for the health and wellness of our players, coaches, families, administrators and referees. The following action has been taken:
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, March 12, 2020, the NCYSA Executive Board has SUSPENDED ALL NCYSA SANCTIONED EVENTS, THIS INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO GAMES, TRAINING (PRACTICES) TOURNAMENTS, PERMISSION TO TRAVEL for ALL LEVELS OF PLAY (Classic, Challenge and Recreation) UNTIL APRIL 1, 2020.
It is imperative you share this information with your players, parents, coaches, administration, referee assignors, and playing field contacts. We advise everyone to use best practices and common sense when it comes to the safety of our soccer community.
· The Executive Board will continue to monitor the status each week and will communicate any additional actions being taken.
· Teams 13U and above will be allowed to schedule two matches a day when/if play resumes
· NCYSA sanctioned tournaments to be held in North Carolina in March are being contacted and advised of the suspension. If your team was scheduled to attend one of these events, please reach out to the event tournament director
· The NCYSA Youth Academy Showcase has been postponed
· ODP training has been cancelled
· National League Piedmont Conference games are cancelled through April 15th
· The Executive Board in conjunction with the VP of Tournaments and Travel will continue to evaluate the State Cup events to determine if adjustments are needed and what those may be moving forward
· The referee organization has been made aware of the suspension and is in contact with all assignors
The NCYSA Executive Board
Link from US Youth Soccer
Video from US Soccer